Monday, May 9, 2011

Brown Widow Spider Encounter

Well today i decided to clean up the mess of my room, but not just hide the trash under the rug, like really deep cleaning, i was taking a break reading some papers i had around dedicing which to throw when in a corner i saw some spider webs.

Im kinda afraid of spiders to be honest, but the fear just comes and goes; this time i was feeling confident so i look closer to find a big spider on the web, quickly grabbed a rolled paper and made it fell.
It was big but it wasnt moving at all, thought it was just playing dead but i think it was either about to die or hurt.

With the piece of paper i took it outside to have a better look of it, cause it was bigger than what i usually see in my bedroom, but then i saw a red hourglass mark on its belly and got scared. I remembered something in my highschool days in biology so i went into google to confirm what i suspected.

Black Widow spider
Black Widow
Brown Widow Spider
Brown Widow


At first i didnt read deep into what i found but clearly the spiders with red hourglass on the belly are the black widow spiders, Wouldnt you get scared? i did, and went back outside to find the spider trying to move so i crushed it with my foot ^^, by the time my foot was on top of it i regretted i didnt take a picture.

Went back to google and found that not just black widows have that mark but also brown widows, still a little scared of thinking there are more in my room :/
After the crushing end of its life i tried to take good pics of the hourglass (pics are not photoshopped btw)
 
 Is it weird that im scared of little spiders but with big ones i just feel curious?

12 comments:

Lux said...

Only slightly weird. I'm creeped out by almost all spiders. I love all kinds of reptiles and amphibians, but there's just something about spiders that I don't like.

zepdragon said...

Don't care as long as I don't see them or feel them

Marian said...

i wasn't scared by spiders before, until i had an encounter with a deadly one. almost ...

King Elysium said...

I love smashing spiders like these, as gross as it sounds, they pop!

The Radical Chemist said...

I hate spiders, big or small... but having a wife means I have to be able to handle them. Sounds like you can handle them just fine, despite your fear.

Xzib1t said...

I seem to kill all spiders indiscriminately.

ReMs said...

like i said its funny how my fear comes and goes, my gf really really hates them to the point of crying, so like @The Radical Chemist said, im too ought to be able to handle them, despite my fear, but i feel sad killing them ^^ even though they scare me

MJ to IM said...

god i hate spiders

midmagdraven@yahoo.com said...

dude your insane... haha

phoebe said...

Instead of screaming and running away like most girls I know... I scream, while I'm killing the bugs... that way, I know they're not chasing me or plotting revenge :(

Gaberabtic said...

Spiders sux butt

Anonymous said...

Babies...there are black widows everywhere in Southen B.C., they dont hunt you down and kill you for the sheer fun of it. If they did we would all be dead. But squishing them is a good idea.

Post a Comment


 
^ Scroll to Top